WineBoard
PLEASE READ THIS!! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: PLEASE READ THIS!! (/thread-13489.html)

- wineguruchgo - 07-28-2005

A few months back I posted a post on recognizing a stroke. I'm hoping that many or all of you read it. It simply said if someone starts stumbling, can't smile or raise their arms it is a sign of a stroke.

Well, I stopped into my family's restaurant and Richard (the sous chef) said that Anthony was acting funny. If you remember Anthony is battling cancer right now and I asked for prayers for him a while ago.

I cautiously approached him and asked him to talk to me. He was wild eyed. I truthfully thought he was going to hit me!

I asked him to speak, smile, move his arms, etc... and he did nothing. Just sat there with this wild look on his face.

I explained to him that if he couldn't speak to me that I was going to call an ambulance. I was hoping for an objection.

I called 911 and told them that I wasn't sure if it was a stroke but I was sure it was neurologic. He was conscious, breathing, etc...but was unresponsive.

Well our fears have been realized when he was, in fact, diagnosted with a stroke shortly after arriving at the hospital.

Unfortunately they had him on blood thinners because he developed a clot in his neck and one of the "remote" side effects is a stroke. Now they cannot operate because his blood is too thin and they are afraid that he will bleed out.

Please send all prayers up to God for Anthony. He's a young man that certainly doesn't deserve this.

- TheEngineer - 07-28-2005

Our continue prayers for a good recovery from all of his ailments.

- wineguruchgo - 07-29-2005

Thanks Engineer,

Normally I don't air personal stuff on this board but I truly thought the signs of stroke message is an important one.

Hopefully Anthony will be seen by a neurologist today and we will have an idea of the quality of life he might expect to have.

At 31 years old he has such a long life ahead of him.

- wondersofwine - 07-29-2005

I will add my prayers.

- winoweenie - 07-29-2005

Add me to the list. WW

- Kcwhippet - 07-29-2005

Me, too.

- robr - 07-29-2005

A friend of mine who is an ancient coin dealer had a stroke about two years ago. he described it to me in very similar terms as you have in your experience. It is a terrible and frightening thing to go through. Your friend has been added to my prayers.

- Georgie - 07-29-2005

Same from me.

- sharon001 - 07-29-2005

I don't believe in God, but I believe in people, and I am sending all my thoughts and care that way.

- Glass_A_Day - 07-29-2005

I'm with you Sharon and send as much positive energy as I can muster!

[This message has been edited by Glass_A_Day (edited 07-29-2005).]

- wineguruchgo - 07-29-2005

Hello All,

Thank you so much for your warm wishes, prayers and vibes. All positive energy is accepted and appreciated.

His Mom and sister are here from New York and I'm hoping that he will re-bound from having friends and family around him.

Unfortunately the prognosis today is less than yesterday, yet I have seen people rebound from far worse and live to talk about it.

Thanks again for listening and caring.

wgc