WineBoard
Asking all of you fine board members - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Asking all of you fine board members (/thread-13170.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- andrawes76 - 11-26-2010

WW, sounds like everything is going your and CB's way. I wish her a speedy recovery and you guys happiness. If you need me to send you a BBQ care package from the Salt Lick (Austin TX's finest BBQ, let me know). The ribs will arrive hot and ready to eat. You got my email. Cheers, PW (or P dubya as Bush would say).

- Thomas - 11-26-2010

WW, sounds like you and CB are doing a thorough enough job of getting all the opinions and facts down. Give her my best wishes.

Because I couldn't sit in a car for too long this week, Anne and I decided to cancel the Tday drive to family and to stay here; ate at Glenora, where they offer a terrific Tday deal $26 flat for dinner and dessert) and since I am not exactly mad over turkey, they also offer an alternative fresh ham. Plus, they have an 08 Gewurztraminer that was a perfect match for what went on the plates.

------------------
[url=http://www.thomaspellechia.com]UltimateBB.com[/url]

- winoweenie - 11-26-2010

Tell Gene hello for me the next time you grace his diner.Lovely spot and the perfect place for enjoying the " Breakfast of Champions". WW

- winoweenie - 12-03-2010

CB nade up her mind on treatment options and decided on radiation and chemo. Meet with the oncologist tues and should start next week. Our radiologist says her treatment should be a complete success and at about as low a level as possible. Will keep all informed. WW

- wondersofwine - 12-03-2010

Give CB our best as she starts her treatment. Will put her on our prayer board at church again.

- winoweenie - 12-15-2010

Had thee 1st of 5day-a-week radiation treatments yesterday and going in at 930 daily for the next 7 weeks. So far, so good, but we're not naive enough to think it wont get a whale of a lot worse. The cumulative effects of the chemo and radi will probably start in a couple of weeks but with the strength me CB has it'll pass and be forgotton shortly. As for now she's feeling and looking as beautiful as ever. WW

- wondersofwine - 12-15-2010

A good attitude helps. All the best to Connie and you.

- Thomas - 12-15-2010

WW,

Tomorrow I go for my talk to set up my treatment. It's looking like I'll be on the same schedule as CB.

We'll have to send each other good vibrations. Hope I can have a little wine each day...

- winoweenie - 12-15-2010

Is this stuff catching? So far the bug has missed this lil' fat bod. Will talk to you over the week-end. BPR, WW

- mrdutton - 12-21-2010

Verne,

Been hiding in the background, but I want you to know that my wife and I have you and Connie, especially Connie, in our prayers.

Foodie, don't dispair, we are praying for you also.

- Thomas - 12-22-2010

MrDutton! Where have you been?

Thanks. It's becoming a conveyor belt of tests and retests, with new twists and turns at every intersection.

- Drew - 12-22-2010

Merry Christmas Mike...yes, WHERE YOU BEEN AT? Miss you around here.

Drew & Eileen

- winoweenie - 12-22-2010

Tankee much there Ole Mikeski! Know youse been gettin' some of my inteelektual posts as them done be returned. Glad having you back and again thanks for your prayers for CB. WW

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 12-22-2010).]

- TheEngineer - 12-22-2010

WW, CB and Foodie,

Stay strong and focused. Now is the most important time to stay postive! You and everyone else on this posts are in our prayers!

- Thomas - 12-22-2010

Today, I got my schedule, and it's a biggie.

First, I must take a shot every four months to turn off testosterone, which feeds prostate cancer.

Then, I will be radiated either for 7 or for 9 weeks.

The shot is next week; the radiation begins in February.

This thing runs in the family. Two brothers got it.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 12-22-2010).]

- winoweenie - 01-06-2011

Be thankful you escape the bloomin' chemo. Nasty stuff and makes one ill in itself. We suffered a major setback as I'm taking CB in this morn to have another larger feeding tube installed as the other is allowing everyting she's eaten thats isn't digested to come out around it when she stands up so needless to say I've put her in a major "lay-down" mode. Will report when I know something. WW

- wondersofwine - 01-06-2011

I put Foodie and Connie on the prayer board at my church. WW, I'm so sorry about the setback. Not such great holidays this year I guess. Hope things get progressively better as the weeks go by.

- Thomas - 01-06-2011

WW,

One thing I've learned is that when the cancer conveyor belt begins, it's often one surprise after another.

Keep CB comfortable and loved--she'll get through it.