WineBoard
Asking all of you fine board members - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Asking all of you fine board members (/thread-13170.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

- winoweenie - 10-21-2010

Had thought we would be able to get the answers needed after our appointment yestrday with our Oncologist but after analizing all of the scans, notes etc:, he wasn't sure that the cancer hadn't migrated. With this news we decided to get a second opinion so we had their office make Connie an appoiontment with the top surgeon at Mayo Clinic. Going in late next week. All's on hold for the time being. WW

- Thomas - 10-21-2010

A good decision, WW.

- winoweenie - 10-25-2010

Didn't realize until last nite the problem I was posing opening a bottle while CB can't drink. So guess I'll hang it up agin until my sweetie can lift a glass with me. WW

- winoweenie - 10-30-2010

CB had a PET scan on Tuesday. We got the results last nite and that hummer 'haint migrated ennywheres'!!!!!!!!We have a confirmed appt with Dr. Hinni at Mayos on the 18th and will get in sooner if he has a cancellation. He will be the deciding opinion on the course of action but we are pretty sure now that Chemo will not be needed. He is one of the top 5 throat surgeons in the country for this type of cancer so we feel very confident if he wants to chop that baby out. Will keep all posted. WW

- andrawes76 - 10-30-2010

Glad to hear the good news! Wishing CB a fast recovery...

- Kcwhippet - 10-30-2010

We're with you and CB, Verne. We have faith that it will all end splendidly.

- Drew - 10-31-2010

Truly some wonderful news. Send our best to CB.

Drew & Eileen

- TheEngineer - 10-31-2010

GREAT NEWS!!! I know that you must feel like a ton of bricks has been lifted off your shoulders! Our best wishes to CD and her recovery!!

[This message has been edited by TheEngineer (edited 10-31-2010).]

- Thomas - 10-31-2010

Great news, Verne. Give CB our love.

- wondersofwine - 11-01-2010

Praying for Connie and you as well as two ladies from church who are undergoing cancer treatments. Prognosis is not good for one of them because her cancer had migrated.

- winoweenie - 11-17-2010

The time has finally arrived when we get the definative answer. CBs' appt at Mayos is in the morning at 8 and whatever Dr. Hinni says goes. Will report back as soon as I know something definate. WW

- Thomas - 11-17-2010

Keep the faith, WW.

On Monday morning, I go in for a biopsy--they found a bump on the prostate.

- winoweenie - 11-17-2010

Hope all comes out Foodster. Bumps done' mean much I've found out as I've had as many as Kermit in me lifetime. WW

- Kcwhippet - 11-17-2010

We hope everything goes very well for you, Foodie.

We still have Connie in our prayers, too, WW.

- Drew - 11-18-2010

That bumps nothin' but an old olive that took the wrong turn and got lost.....thinking of you and CB.

Drew

- TheEngineer - 11-18-2010

Looking forward to good news from both of youse!!! Will be praying for both of you.

- winoweenie - 11-19-2010

Met with Dr. Hinni yesterday at Mayos and must say this is one brilliant dude. One of only 5 that's qualified to do the new laser surgery to remove this insidious tumor we are now in the process of getting Health Net to include this into their lineup of co-pays. Hopefully they will do this otherwise we'll be hit with almost 80gs'. Regardless we've decided this is the Dr. we want doing this. Will keep all updated. WW

- Thomas - 11-19-2010

Good fortune to you and CB.

Why isn't it a co-pay item, although it's a question usually with the same answer, thanks to our marvelous (best in the universe) health insurance system.

- Drew - 11-26-2010

How was CB's thanksgiving?

Drew

- winoweenie - 11-26-2010

We had a very satisfying day. The day before was actually more fun but very exhausting for her. We had an appt with our primary care dr. and have about made up our(HERS') minds that she'll do radiation and chemo instead of the surgery. Our Dr was the one who reccommended Dr. Hinni and when we told him that Hinni had said that he wasn't sure that he could actually perform the surgery because of CBs' small mouth and throat he mite have to wake her up on the operating table and say no go. This plus the fact she would have ro be hospitilized for 5-6 days at Mayos pretty well made the decision for us. Our Dr. said that if Hinni didn't say definately he could do the procedure then it was probably a no go as he was the most knowledgeable cat he'd ever encountered and he'da' said lets get that bump outta' there. We see our radiologist ancologist Tues and will get an appt with a head oncologist and go from there. For the record this is the 1st Thanksgiving in 16 years we haven't gone to Rocky Pointe and to make it even stranger my Grand-Son-in-Law went into the hospital yeaterday with an acute case of kidney stones so he would be looking at a stay in a Mexican hospital instead of the beach annywhos. I heated our dinner purchased cooked from our deli-grocery here and it was better than I normally end up with. WW