WineBoard
Introducing a new forum visitor - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Introducing a new forum visitor (/thread-13145.html)

- AxisOfBeagles - 04-25-2008

Greetings. Wine drinker, winemaker, and small vineyard slave here. Was recommended to visit this board by an anonymous tip on the CL wine forum. I also participate on the Mark Squires board, mostly on the 'weather thread' where those of us stupid enough to grow grapes can bitch about the weather.

I'm a fan of many wines and styles including, but certainly not limited to: Bordeaux vin rouge, Burgundies of both colors (with a special fondness for Burgundian vin blanc), California Cab blends, Zinfandel, West Coast Pinot Noir, California Syrah, many of the Rhone wines, values from the Loire an Languedoc, Beaumes de Venise dessert wines, and so on.

IN the cellar are mostly Bordeaux reds, some Cal Cab blends, and assorted other wines as the fancy takes us. The only thing we really 'collect' is Bordeaux.

We grow and make a little Syrah, Marsanne (usually blended with Viognier), and more recently have planted Cabernet Sauvignon and Orange Muscat. Also purchase grapes for my favorite wine - Cab / Merlot / Cab Franc blend.

Looking forward to enjoying this forum with y'all.

- Drew - 04-25-2008

Big time welcome...a bunch of friendly folks participate in this board. This is a tannin free and smooth board.

Drew

- winoweenie - 04-25-2008

Make that welcome from 2 of us. At first I was going to rag on you about your user-name and then noticed I had mis-read as usual and it wasn't evil but beagle. Just had a nice 99 from the departed frenchman De Lorimier but he also added some Malbec to his blend. Had a nice touch. When you feel like it let us know your vineyard and winery name. Again WELCOME!!! WW

- wineguruchgo - 04-25-2008

Hey AOB - It was me who invited you here. On the CL board my screen name is Korkdork.

I can only tolerate the idiots on CL for so long. You are not going to find the rudeness or lunacy here that is over there.

Glad to see you here. Everyone here is really interested in wine and are kind to newbies.

Please feel free to post tasting notes becauase we love them! I'm always looking for great deals and recommendations. Most people here aren't afraid to drop a few bucks on wine and there are many collectors. One really cool thing they do here is update the same wines tasting notes through the years so we can all see how the wine develops or dies!

So glad you're here. You certainly are a welcome addition.

- dananne - 04-25-2008

I'll add mine to what will surely be a long list of hellos. As has been said, there is a wonderful, easygoing group here, and we're glad you're here!

- hotwine - 04-25-2008

Welcome aboard, AOB. You're in the right place. (hic)

- Kcwhippet - 04-25-2008

I'll add my welcome to the rest, AOB. Not sure if you knew, but there are a goodly number of ITB folks here, too. One big happy family.

- Bucko - 04-26-2008

What the CL wine forum? [img]http://wines.com/ubb/confused.gif[/img]

- brappy - 04-27-2008

craigs list

- Bucko - 04-27-2008

Thanks -- never heard of it.

- wondersofwine - 04-28-2008

Welcome AOB. I share your interest in Burgundies of both colors (but who can afford them anymore?) and I like some domestic Pinot Noirs, usually from Oregon and Russian River Valley or Santa Barbara County. I hope to become more familiar with West Coast Syrahs.

- Thomas - 04-28-2008

Craig's List has a wine forum?

I've been scaling back on all wine fori, but I'd surely avoid that one.

- Georgie - 05-01-2008

Welcome aboard the board! Youll enjoy these folks. I'm no longer to able to drink wine because of health reasons (although last week my doc told me I could have an occasional glass; YIPPEE) but I still hang around for the fun of it. A nicer (or more knowlegeable) group of people you won't find anywhere!