WineBoard
Happy Thanksgiving! - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Happy Thanksgiving! (/thread-13112.html)

- Georgie - 11-26-2003

I want to wish everybody a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take a moment to count your blessings. If you'll be traveling, I wish you a safe journey. I hope you will all enjoy a great day of fun and feasting with the people you love.

- Innkeeper - 11-26-2003

Am sitting here catching my breath, dripping, and stinking; wondering if all the vacuuming is worth it! Probably will be. Georgie, hope you and yours and everyone else who lurks around here has a great day of fellowship and thanks.

- ShortWiner - 11-26-2003

I'm at an internet cafe in San Fransisco--it's beautiful weather. I'm with my wife and family, seeing friends, feeling very thankful. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Matt

- winedope1 - 11-26-2003

hope all have a safe and happy day!!! WD

- hotwine - 11-26-2003

Same to all. We'll be headin' to the ranch early in the mornin'; we're bringin' the turkey & dressing, other family members are contributing other stuff. And probably, I'll have to endure Clicquot yellow label yet again... can't seem to wean the ladies off of that stuff.

- Bucko - 11-26-2003

Humbug to all of youse bums! [img]http://38.118.142.245/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]http://38.118.142.245/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- Kcwhippet - 11-26-2003

Just got home from work. It appears many, many people are going to be drinking a lot this Thanksgiving. We sold an unbelievable amount of wine. The stockers were working their buns off to keep the stuff on the shelves. As for us, I believe we'll be having an 01 Siduri Garys' or an 02 Loring Rosella - maybe both. We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. For all of you going to be on the raods - drive safe.

- quijote - 11-27-2003

The gingered pumpkin pie is baking, the chestnuts are cooked and peeled, and the Prosecco is ready to go into the fridge.

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

- Thomas - 11-27-2003

KC, we did our best single-day sales since we opened the shop almost 3 years ago. Must be something going on.

Great day to all.

My wine today (after we get the aperitif and such out of the way) will be Domaine Duseigneur Lirac 99. Wife and I, and her mother too, are not quite turkey people so we are preparing braised rosemary-thyme lamb shanks with loads of vegetables.

For the pumpkin pie--Blandy's Bual Madeira.

- Botafogo - 11-27-2003

Well, I'm at work where it is already busy and I am totally exhausted as yesterday was the biggest day we EVER had (is that an economic indicator?). BUT, roast goat, pheasant, duck and wild boar at 5.....I'm salivating already.

Happy T-Day to all, Roberto

- Innkeeper - 11-27-2003

Remind me to do this again. Took a party of 13 to a waterfront restaurant (8 adults, 2 "children", and three under five (free). Provided wineservice for four (1 bottle + 1 glass). With tax and tip it all came to $220. Wouldn't you do it again? Hope everybody else is as happy as I am.

- hotwine - 11-27-2003

You probably couldn't feed 13 at Burger King for less. Sounds great!

- Innkeeper - 11-28-2003

And this is what we had. As much as you wanted of: Shrimp cocktail, sliced melon, salad bar, roast turkey, baked ham, top round of beef, roast loin of pork, chestnut dressing, giblet gravy, candied yams, green peas, steamed onions, whole mashed potatoes, corn, squash, string beans, mashed yellow turnip, pumpkin pie, brandied mincemeat fruit cake, plum pudding, indian pudding, tapioca pudding, chocolate pudding, apple pie, and drink with the dinner except alcohol, and a decent choice of wine extra. Amazingly this was not at all like the corner national buffet. Each dish was very nice.

- tandkvd - 11-29-2003

I hope all had a good Thanksgiving.
Were doing it again today with just our imediate family.

We went to my wifes familys Thanksgiving dinner this year. They allways have fried turkey. I made IK's Venesualing Barbeque Pork using pork loin. Everybody realy liked it.

Will be doing just a turkey brest today and a few side dishes.

- tandkvd - 11-30-2003

We had a very nice post Thanksgiving Dinner last night. Two of our daughters invited there boy friends. So, I had to run out and buy another turkey brest and thaw it yesterday.

I never could find the Kim Crawford SB, even though they had it advertised on sell. I asked a sells person and they said that they couldn't find a distributer. I think it was more that the add was wrong. They had it at a low price. They did have a Spy Vally 2003 NZ SB for $11.99. But we never got to open it any way, everyone liked the Villa Mt. Eden PN and the Zardeto Prosecco.

This was much better than our red neck Thanksgiving!

- Innkeeper - 11-30-2003

Sounds great. Drink the SB with shellfish.

- tandkvd - 11-30-2003

Good idea IK, I'm about turkeyed out.

- winoweenie - 11-30-2003

Had an absolute ball. Must buy a ATV as my 4-yeae-old GGS wore these tired ole bones to a frazzel. Chasing that lil' sucker around on the sand did me in. Used to have a couple hours in the morn to prepare myself but this trip he now decided he liked to watch the sunrise. WW