WineBoard
DREW IS A HERO - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: DREW IS A HERO (/thread-13084.html)

- mrdutton - 12-15-2001

This is the short story - once I get my feet back on the ground I'll try to post the long version (maybe).

I had to go to Baltimore the other day to make a delivery. (Many of you may know that I work part time as a courier - if you didn't before you do now.)

There were problems with the delivery and there was some fraud and possible theft involved.

I called Drew for help and he made sure I got it. (He was not even in the City - he was in OC on a weekend vacation!)

Three of Baltimore City's finest kept me alive the other night at best or at least kept me out of harms way. I could have been in a very hazardous situation and the Baltimore City Police kept me safe.

You just have no idea how grateful I am..........

THANK YOU BALTIMORE CITY POLICE - THANK YOU DREW!!

- winoweenie - 12-15-2001

SURE HOTSIE AND YOU THOT HE WAS JES' ANUFFER PRETTY FACE! WW

- Thomas - 12-16-2001

I often deride the Internet for a variety of reasons. But I have to say now that I have had good vibes and good experiences with the people I've met through this board.

When I opened my shop ww sent a plant as a gift of good wishes, and then he called a couple of times to noodle me; when I met Scoop and IK I met two guys who have become friends--one even works with me. I met RAD too, and we got along terrific (even though he does not always agree with my poignant opinions).

And then, after the World Trade Center towers came tumbling down, many on the board expressed concern for my well being that was, to me, quite heartening.

I am glad, Dutton, that Drew was able to help you out. One day you must tell us what it was all about--it sounds so ominous.

- winoweenie - 12-16-2001

Yhe written word often comes with underlying meanings. Seperating the wheat from the chaff is always a challange. Most of the participants on this board come across exactly as they be; concerned, efficient, caring, and well-intentioned. My business is based on my ability to read the people I call on. If they don't register, they're history and don't get a 2nd chance. I can assure you MrD that you were in the rite place, with the rite friends, and with a very smart efficient police-feller on your coat-tails. Whenced youse get your breath, fill in the particles. WW

- Drew - 12-16-2001

I appreciate the accolades but HERO no...just a friend looking out for a friend. Mike found himself in E. Baltimore, toughest area of the city, attempting to deliver some valuable goods and his sphincter muscle was clamping down. There was no doubt that the delivery was a set up for a possible robbery and Mike suspected as much. My wife and I, Eileen is a supervisor with 911, simply dispatched several Police Officers to help out and ensure he'd drink again! Mike we're glad to have assisted and, more so, glad you're safe and unharmed. Would much rather have you deliver sumppin' to OC when we're there the next time.

Drew and Eileen

- wondersofwine - 12-17-2001

Let me add my kudos to Drew and the Baltimore Police. We had a fine young policeman killed in downtown Fayetteville late November and it saddens me every time something like that occurs. He and his fiancee had a six-week old son.

- barnesy - 12-17-2001

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here on the board. The people here are what makes it work so well. Even though I have not met any of you in person, which I will remedy with time. I consider lots of the folk here more than just internet aquaintences.

A while back, Roberto started a thread about how many of the 4000+ members were active. Well, it seems the good folk (the non one time quick question people) stay and become part of the community here. Good people attract other good people

Barnesy

- winedope - 12-17-2001

absolutely!!! everyone has been very receptive, friendly and helpful. If I am ever in such a situation, I hope that one of you are around! WD