WineBoard
Radio City - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Radio City (/thread-12950.html)

- Georgie - 12-12-2005

Seems like I've been to the city a lot lately. Sister, hubby, their 9 year-old Goddaughter, and I went to take in the Christmas Show. I haven't seen it in over twenty years and it was just as the name says, "spectacular." If you get the chance, go. Of course it felt like a Christmas overdose, but they really know how to put on a show. We had to take a 6:20 am train (yawn) which got us there a little early for our 9 am show. So we went over to the NBC building, had coffee while watching the skaters at Rockefeller Plaza and heard the Young People's Chorus OF NY practicing before they appeared on the Today Show. What a treat. After the show, we hit FAO Shwarz, checked out the store windows at Bergdorf Goodman, wandered around the Trump building a bit and decided to have lunch. Online my sister had found a little place called Penelope's at Lexington and 30th which was supposed to be good, homey and cheap. We thought it would be good to get away from the crowded tourist places around the theatre. Talk about a crowd! It was so mobbed, there was a thirty mnute wait! And all young people; college age. I felt ancient. But it was all that we'd hoped. Food was a little gourmet-ish, the atmosphere not unlike a NE cafe, and the prices are unbelievably cheap for NYC. They do serve wine although we didn't have any. We'd definitely go back. I feel so lucky to live so close to NY. There's no place like it..especially at Christmas.

- winoweenie - 12-12-2005

Sounds like a barrel of fun teach. No wonder I couldn't get youse on the telly. I feel better knowing all is well. BPR, WW

- wondersofwine - 12-12-2005

Sounds fun but do they have the Rockettes performing at 0900 AM? That seems a lot of energy to put forth in the morning! I will be attending (for the second time but it's been about four or five years) "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" next Sunday at the local playhouse. The granddaughter of friends is in the angel chorus but is singing the solo of "Silent Night." The whole family seems to be musically gifted.
Before then I have a Christmas party in the apartment complex where I live on Thursday evening. I'm going to offer to bring some red wines. Friday is our office Christmas luncheon at a Chinese Restaurant! Maybe I'll have plum wine if my boss lets me get away with it during the work day.

- Georgie - 12-12-2005

Oh yes, those legs were a-dancin! I love "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever!" I either read the book or show the film to my class every year.

[This message has been edited by Georgie (edited 12-12-2005).]

- TheEngineer - 12-12-2005

I just love that part of town too! The decorations there and at the high rises across the street....yeah.its NYNY....Also wonderful street foods in the area...