WineBoard
Has no one been watching the news.... - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Has no one been watching the news.... (/thread-12674.html)

Pages: 1 2

- tandkvd - 12-14-2003

I've been checking back here for the past three hours since I heard that Sadam has been captured. I usualy here about a lot of events here before I see them on the news.

What ever you think of Bush, you have to admire his steadfastness in sticking with a mission when the country is turning away from you. His dad was critized for not sticking it out and going for Sadam. Now I'm sure that Bush will be condemed for taking the time to capture Sadam.

No, I don't agree with all of Bush's decisions. But at least he doesn't shift in the wind like Slick Willie.

- Innkeeper - 12-14-2003

Merry Christmas Mr President, from your son Geroge W.

- Bucko - 12-14-2003

America has a McDonald's mentality -- they want it now and are not too choosey. The patience to wait for a real meal seems lost.

Hat's off to the forces. Now if they can just catch Osama bin Laden.

- sedhead - 12-14-2003

I hope this takes some of the heat off our troops in Iraq. But I've felt that the later attacks on our forces there were instigated by forces not particularly loyal to sadam; I hope I'm wrong.

- hotwine - 12-14-2003

Salute to the troops! That scurvy bugger shown in the tapes reminded me most of Charles Manson.

Would rather Osama was taken dead than alive, Buckster.

- Botafogo - 12-14-2003

Just to inject some levity, I want a t-shirt with Saddam and Nick Nolte's mug shots side by side and a caption that says, "Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

- Bucko - 12-14-2003

Hotsie, I'd have no trouble squeezing off if I had Osama in my sights.....

Bucko

- hotwine - 12-14-2003

Same here, Randy. A short burst on fire hose would sure be sweet. Think the troops who rooted him out showed remarkable discipline.... would have been all to easy to simply plug the hole with him in it.

- quijote - 12-14-2003

I'm not sure Bill C. was any more slick 'n' shifty than George W., but at least W. now can claim to have found a two-legged Weapon of Mass Destruction in a farmhouse. (Tho' it's the troops who did the dirty work.)

Too bad Osama wasn't in the hole with him, but Osama's sort of fallen from national attention lately, anyway....

- sedhead - 12-14-2003

But there will only be one Tricky Dick.

- winoweenie - 12-14-2003

Q-Baby, I don't remember Dubs, Ronnie or GW EVER using the white house for a Tryst FERGOSHSAKES!!!!WW

- quijote - 12-14-2003

WW, all I'm saying is that there's more than one way to be slick, be it with bedsheets or banksheets or any number of other things. Inappropriate conduct is inappropriate conduct; it has no party affiliation.

- Botafogo - 12-14-2003

Ya think the reason W postphoned his speech by 15 minutes this morning is that the idea of a hide the baloney action in the Oval Office to celebrate suddenly didn't seem like such a bad idea? You know, take the edge off and all...

- quijote - 12-14-2003

I just saw photos of the captured Hussein on the 'net.

The Charles Manson reference is spot-on.

And is it just me, or does anyone else think that there's also an eery resemblance to Jimi Hendrix?

[This message has been edited by quijote (edited 12-14-2003).]

- Kcwhippet - 12-14-2003

Except that Sodomy Hussein is right handed.

- Duane Meissner - 12-15-2003

I'm glad Saddam was captured without shots being fired. I hope the US treats him with the utmost respect. It would be a great example of peaceful justice and diplomacy for the people of Iraq- something they don't have much experience with. I'm sure if many of them had it their way, he would have been executed by now.
I couldn't help but slap my forehead when I heard the reports of the deaths and woundings from falling celebratory bullets. What goes up, must come down!

DM

- winoweenie - 12-15-2003

I can't believe the stupidity of journalists. What in the phrase " He will be treated by the rules of the Geneva Convention " Cannot be understood by Diane? WW

- Innkeeper - 12-15-2003

As I was driving to church yesterday, I heard an American commentator on National Public Radio (for which we all pay) say: "But for the ordinary Iraqi in the street this (the capture of Saddam) does not shorten the gas lines, does not bring more electricity to his home, or get the American occupiers out of his country." Sheeeeeech!!!!

- Kcwhippet - 12-15-2003

I heard on the news this morning that he was subsisting on bite size Mars Bars and 7UP. Quite a comedown from what he was used to in the palaces.

- Georgie - 12-15-2003

It was a good day for America. As far as Bin Laden, as much as I hate to admit it, I could easily pull the trigger.