WineBoard
Weekend wishes - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: GENERAL (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-100.html)
+--- Forum: Rants & Raves (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: Weekend wishes (/thread-12561.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Georgie - 01-21-2005

Have a nice weekend, everyone. Looks like we're going to have a whole bunch of white stuff. Stay cozy. (and not a word outta youse guys, hotwine and ww!)

- Drew - 01-21-2005

Yup, got the snow blower greased and gased up and ready to fire!

Drew

- Innkeeper - 01-21-2005

Well we have ten inches on the ground now temps around zero F. Happiness is having everything for the next three dinners lined up.

- PinotEnvy - 01-21-2005

Well, its taken all year so far, but we are finally getting a real snowfall here as well.
The townhome association snow plow guy actually has to earn some of his money this month. What a concept!

- Bucko - 01-21-2005

Tee hee -- who'd a thunk it? Sunny and 60 in Olympia, WA. I think I'll have a glass of iced tea. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

- winoweenie - 01-21-2005

I'll join you Herr Buckinheimer with the exception of the ......(gag, snort, bleah...ICED TEA). Think I'll substitute a nice red wine INSTEAD. WW [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img] By-the-by it was a rater chilly 78 here today . Almost wore a long sleeved shirt.

[This message has been edited by winoweenie (edited 01-21-2005).]

- hotwine - 01-21-2005

It hit 76 here today, should be the same tomorrow. The sun's glare is fierce! he he.

- wineguruchgo - 01-22-2005

We are in the middle of a blizzard right now. Took me over an hour to drive 25 miles.

So glad I'm off for the next two days. Should be seeing over 12" when all is said and done.

Hmmmm.....Arizona is looking mighty nice right now!

- Zinner - 01-22-2005

Sunny and about 70 here today. And we are getting grumpy because it's clouding up for tomorrow and we might get a sprinkle of rain.

No snow, just cold for Sunday, but the weatherman promises back to warm weather by Monday.

- Thomas - 01-22-2005

Maybe glenora would like to chime in here, but one thing we did not need this year are the arctic dips that we now have. Last night was a true chiller. It was so bad I nearly polished off a bottle of Port by myself and still felt my feet cold...

- glenora - 01-22-2005

Foodie is correct--the weather pattern of the past couple of weeks--high of 60 and low (depending on location) of -10 to -14 is setting us up for another disaster in the vineyards.

Been snowing here for about 4 hours (started at 10 AM)and we now have 4-5 inches of new snow with 10-14 inches predicted.

But we do have some diehards that are still coming into the tasting room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- wineguruchgo - 01-22-2005

We have been through the Artic blast and now we are battling the snow. We have 11" on the ground right now and it's still coming.

Why do I live here?

- winoweenie - 01-22-2005

My condolences Gene and Foodie. It's really becoming boring here....76-80 EVERY day. WW

- TheEngineer - 01-22-2005

It's well underway now in Boston. Like about 3-4" in the last couple of hours already...... gonna shove out soon before I go to sleep so its not as bad in the am.

- Innkeeper - 01-22-2005

We are supposed to get 6 to 12" by six pee em tomorrow. Just hope the powa holds out. We are doing Beef Bourgondien, and then there are some games coming on!

- Glass_A_Day - 01-22-2005

Nights like this I feel blessed with a roof over my head and the wood stove glowing.

- TheEngineer - 01-22-2005

I have a driveway that will park 10 cars. I just finished plowing for the first time (I suspect that I will need to do it one more time tonight before I go to bed).

I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow....

- TheEngineer - 01-23-2005

O..K..A..Y....

After shovelling last nights 12" worth off of accumulation before bedtime, I jsut came back in shovelling another 24" on average of accumulation. Some areas the snow drifts were 3 to 4 feet high! The d@mn street plowers left a 4 foot high by 4 foot wide snow pile at the entrance of my driveway that took forever to dig out.....

The worst part is that we are still expecting the worst to come in just a bit.....

[This message has been edited by TheEngineer (edited 01-23-2005).]

- Kcwhippet - 01-23-2005

Got about two feet +/- and spent the past two and a half hours getting it up. It's 1140 EST here, so time to pop a cork.

- Drew - 01-23-2005

We definately dodged a bullet with only 8" on the ground and fired up the snow blower this morning and completed the 100' driveway plus top end in 45 minutes with very little effort...God bless the inventor of that machine. Roasting a "Zuni" chicken for later and will decide what to pop in a little bit. Eileen got into Ft. Lauderdale with no problem and BWI Airport is open here so flights in from and out to warm weather airports should be no problem they say.

Drew