WineBoard
Parallele "45" - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Rhone/South of France/Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Parallele "45" (/thread-11767.html)

- Innkeeper - 04-18-2001

Have been a fan of PJA's Parallele "45" for many years, but tonight was a little disappointed. It is still a fine wine, but the '98 we had tonight seemed somewhat homogenized. Lost it's former earthiness. Would much rather enjoy the smaller C-D-R producers products.

- mrdutton - 04-18-2001

Gee, IK, the Parallel 45 is one of the wines I've been using to convince Carol-Lee that SW's are not worthy of her palate.

I've had three or four botles of the wine over the past several weeks and we have both really enjoyed drinking it.

I am certain that the vintage has been 1998.

However, your point could still be well taken as this is the first time that I've ever tried this particular wine. I have no point of reference to previous years.

- winecollector - 04-19-2001

I've always enjoyed Parallel 45 as well, but I must admit I have not purchased any for about 6 months now. No reason inparticular, just too many other wines out there

Innkeeper- do you think it's possible you may have just got a bottle inconsistent of the norm, or does the vintage as a whole for the wine disappoint you? I've been drinking 98' Fossi Chianti recently as an everyday house wine, and the bottle variation out of the same case is tremendous. Sometime it's thin and lacking, other times it tastes like a blockbuster. Go figure.....

- Innkeeper - 04-19-2001

That's quite possible. Have another that we'll open soon. If there is a difference, will so post.

- Drew - 04-19-2001

Personally I've never seen the big deal in #45.....and I've tried them all from 90' to present. I think "The Old Farm" is much better for the few bucks.

Drew

- Scoop - 04-23-2001

I'm with you on that, Drew. La Vielle Ferme has more bang for less bucks.

Scoop

- winoweenie - 04-23-2001

Well youse fellars, this bomb-shell has certainly shot down one of my current daily drinkers. To the Terlit. ( Have only gone thru 2 cases in last 2 mos.) 99s' are here in the sticker-patch. WW

- Innkeeper - 04-24-2001

No improvement with the second bottle.

- winecollector - 04-24-2001

Innkeeper- could it be that all those SW's you drink have destroyed your palate?

- Innkeeper - 04-24-2001

Excuse me. All what SWs are you talking about? As stated very clearly here before we drink at least that's at least ten reds to every white.

- winoweenie - 04-24-2001

But IK, them Insipid WITHSTAND reds be 'bout the flavor profile of mos' SWs' WW

- Innkeeper - 04-24-2001

Hey everyone, WW thinks that pinot, cabernet franc, gamay, syrah/shiraz, petite sirah, malbec, nebbiolo, barbera, dolcetto, sangiovese, zinfandel, mourvedre, grenache, and tempranillo, among many others ARE INSIPID!!!!!

- mrdutton - 04-24-2001

INSIPID? All those glorious wines are INSIPID!!??!!

Draw the battle lines........... There is absolutely nothing further from the truth.

I'll admit that I drink CS and Merlot, that's not a problem at all. And I'll even go so far as to say that there are some good ones to be drunk, for sure. Even those Cali CS's with all the oak mellow with some age into some decent wines.

But to call the likes of Gamay, Grenache, Mourvedre, Syrah/Shiraz, Zinfandel, et al. insipid is going a bit far, IMHO.

Gosh WW, I'm surprized.

- cpurvis - 04-25-2001

WW may not be able to reply for awhile...he's too busy tryin' to pull both feet out from behin' that one tooth [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

cp

- winoweenie - 04-25-2001

WOW !!! Don' you fellers take into account the fact that my lil' indian fat fingers got a bunch of the ssss's and iiiii's and over letters mixed??? I was only goin' say that them withstand wines were " SIPPIN'" wines. Got thre I's, S's and P's all outta order....SHEESH. I drinks them uffer suckers alla' time toooo! ( See new post ) Bad-Typin'-Weener.