WineBoard
What's everyone drinkin' for New Years? - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Champagne/Sparkling Wine (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-20.html)
+--- Thread: What's everyone drinkin' for New Years? (/thread-10658.html)

- RAD - 12-31-2001

A Happy One to One and All!

Me, I thougtht I'd have something special with my wife and in-laws: trying a 1990 Pol Roger Brut Rose.

Anyone else?

RAD

- hotwine - 12-31-2001

Same at ya, RAD. Taittinger Brut here.

- winedope - 12-31-2001

my favorite pet sitting client gave me a bottle of Moet. It's chilling now... Regards to all!! WD

- winoweenie - 12-31-2001

CB and I have a couple of bottles of Billicart-Salmon Rose , and one of Bollinger 79 RD. If'n it gets eeny more serious than that i'll have to break out the big guns and open a mag of 84 " Lake " fer me and a 94 Dehlinger Chardonnay for CB. HNY all'a youse guys. WW

- Innkeeper - 12-31-2001

Happy New Year's to one and all. Bet we're the only ones uncorking a Mount Pleasant Brut Imperial from America's Midland at midnight. It is made primarily from vidal blanc with a small amount of saint vincent. Poured stone cold, it is really incredible. Comes from a special friend.

- Drew - 12-31-2001

I'm drinking Pepsi tonight.....working a special gun detail tonight for all the idiots who discharge weapons for the celebration. Happy New Year to all. I'll be celebrating tomorrow. Reporting from the Northeast District Station.

Drew

- Botafogo - 01-01-2002

Bruno Gobillard Brut à Pierry did the trick for me. Happy New Year to all, I'm packing for the winter migration to Rio (leaving on Monday the 7th).........

Roberto

- Innkeeper - 01-01-2002

Hope you have an easier return this time Roberto. Also hope you'll be back by Feb 17 when we plan to be in town.

For all: We dicovered that it is better to kiss and zonk out at midnight, than to fill your belly with bubbles. So we had the bubbly with a New Year's brunch this morning. Much better for folks our age.

- Kcwhippet - 01-01-2002

Well, we did an Egly-Oriet Rose last night, and a Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noir with brunch this morning. Both were very nice and seemed quite appropriate for their respective times.

- wondersofwine - 01-02-2002

I usually reserve Champagne for weddings and engagement parties and celebrate New Year's Eve with a tawny port. This year it was a 10-year old Cockburn Tawny Port. I did enjoy celebrating one New Year's Eve in Germany with my German landlords with Orange und Sekt (orange juice and German sparkling wine).

- barnesy - 01-04-2002

We had a Mumm's NV Extra Dry ( I know, I know) I only paid $15 for it so it wasn't a loss but a champagne experiment. Rather dull but shaped up nicely with some cheese.

We also had a 1988 Argyle Extended Tirage Brut (don't remember if it had a vineyard designation) This was my sister's find at $10 bucks. It was by far a better one than the Mumm's. This was the good stuff.

Drew, I usually like my pepsi "rose," a good dallop of grenadine makes it that much better.

Barnesy

[This message has been edited by barnesy (edited 01-04-2002).]

- RAD - 01-06-2002

Amen on the grenadine and cola, Barnesy! Used to do that for a quick sugar/caffeine kick when I was waiting tables years ago. Except one thing...COKE IS IT!!!

Pepsi tastes like sweetened dust! [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/biggrin.gif[/img]

RAD

- zenda2 - 12-31-2002

Tonites libation will be Mimosas made of Codorniu Cava + Dole orange/pineapple/banana juice. I don't get to drink fruit juice very often so this sounds good to me.

- Botafogo - 12-31-2002

H. Billio Cuvee Laetitia Grand Cru Ambonnay will be the finale but we will work up to it with Pierre Peters 1996 Grand Cru Mesnil, Varneir Farnier 1996 Grande Annee Grand Cru Avize and Bisol Prosecco di Valdobbiadene Cartize Superiore....

Cheers! Roberto

- Drew - 12-31-2002

Gonna try a diet coke this year....supervising the gun squad again in the #2 most dangerous city in America. Maybe if we try harder we can overtake Detroit.

Happy New Year to all....

Drew

- Kcwhippet - 12-31-2002

What a coincidence! We're going to do another Egli Ouriet Rose for midnight in the hot tub after all our guests leave about about 10 pm. Before that, we're having a Roederer Estate and a 1999 Hamilton Russell Chard (showed up in a previous post) with some apps. Then a 2000 Viansa prindelo with some roasted tomato soup and stuff. Can't wait till they're all gone, though we do enjoy their company except that me and Judy in the hot tub with the Egli Ouriet....... Have a wonderful New Year's all.

- Innkeeper - 12-31-2002

Be careful out there Drew! Since Mother can't drinking bubbly anything, especially just before going to bed, we will be popping a nice looking '01 Borsao, Tres Picos, Garnacha that we picked up in the Hanover (NH) Coop over the weekend. Have a Happy New Year one and all.

- winoweenie - 12-31-2002

This here yar' we be chillin a mag of 1990 Gimmonnet " Collection " Blanc de Blanc. A new supplier that I was killed by in a blind tasting of all the majors. What a whale of a bottle of bubbly. Will report tomorrow if the cobwebs clear soon 'nuff. HNY!! WW

- hotwine - 01-01-2003

Taittinger NV Brut. Clean, crisp, no lemony aftertaste, just a delightful, authentic froggy bubbly. Tough to beat for about $26. And that followed the Lynch-Bages. Don't know how long it's been since we knocked off two bottles in a single night. Yee-haa!

[This message has been edited by hotwine (edited 01-01-2003).]