WineBoard
Borsao/Campo De Borja - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Spanish Wines/Varieties (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-35.html)
+--- Thread: Borsao/Campo De Borja (/thread-10318.html)

Pages: 1 2

- Innkeeper - 11-03-2003

We enjoyed one tonight with freshly made Country French Sausage with garlc and other spices. It matched very well with it. I tried very much both before, during, and after dinner to find the grapefruit. Sorry; can't.

It also seems to me that there were additional posts on this thread, and they're gone. I didn't do it, and wish I knew who.

- quijote - 11-03-2003

Wasn't there a post on this thread from Brom? Or maybe I'm just hallucinating?

- quijote - 11-03-2003

Ah, the Brom post is, with some other posts on Borsao, on the "Three Readily Available Spaniards" thread. But for some reason I do remember more posts on this thread about the grapefruit thing. Maybe grapefruit is a no-no under the Patriot Act.

- Thomas - 11-04-2003

Grapefruits can be used as weapons, you know...especially for those who have old cannons lying around the back yard.

As for the Borsao: to be sure, I didn't find it offensive when I tasted it but I also didn't find it something to rave about, even at its low price. There are scores of other Spanish offerings (at a touch higher pricing) that remain QPR wonders in my book. The problem with them is availability--not available everywhere, and when available they are in short supply. The $6 ones seem to be in endless supply, which always makes me wary.

[This message has been edited by foodie (edited 11-04-2003).]

- tandkvd - 11-04-2003

Well IK, looks like there are only a few of us that apreciate this juice. However I popped a bottle of the 2002 the other night and thought it was a far cry from the 2001. I was just reading another post where you were talking about cheaper wines getting a little better with some age. I have another bottle of the 2002. Could it get better in about 6 months to a year? Or could I have just gotten a bad bottle?

- Innkeeper - 11-04-2003

I honestly don't think it has much future to go to. What you sees is what you got.

- thewoodman - 11-04-2003

Have to agree with foodie on the Borsao. This is one I just don't get all the hype about. Never rushed out to buy cases, even when I saw it at $4.99. With the price and the sheer volume, and considering the weak dollar and the transport across the ocean, maybe this should be renamed Carlos Shaw.

- tandkvd - 12-17-2003

I opened the other bottle of this juice last night. This bottle was deffanatly better, more like the 2001. Or maby it just paired better with our meal last night.

Last night we had chicken brest cooked in OO, garlic and Italian Seasonings. I also poured in about 1/3 of the bottle of wine and let it reduce. Had with seasoned oven baked red skined potatoes and a salad.

- hotwine - 05-03-2004

Had the '01 tonight with left-over Mexican food. Yee-haa! The Tempranillo is receding and the Grenache is moving forward and, I swear, morphing into Mourvedre. A whole lot of berry flavors that weren't there before, more like a Cline CA bottling than a Borsao. Good storage is finally paying off.

- hotwine - 05-15-2004

Had it again tonight with beer can chicken. Would never have thought an el cheapo could improve so much with good storage. Wouldn't want to generalize to other juice, but very grateful this one is doing well.