WineBoard
Very nice Old World Sauvignon Blanc - Printable Version

+- WineBoard (https://www.wines.com/wineboard)
+-- Forum: TASTING NOTES & WINE SPECIFIC FORUMS (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-200.html)
+--- Forum: Sauvignon (Fume) Blanc/Semillon/White Bordeaux (https://www.wines.com/wineboard/forum-33.html)
+--- Thread: Very nice Old World Sauvignon Blanc (/thread-10093.html)

Pages: 1 2

- hotwine - 02-01-2001

1998 Michel Lynch Bordeaux Blanc. The color of 18k gold in the glass, with a heady nose of alcohol, yet only 12%; honeyed pears with a slight walnut undertone on the palate, and no hint of grassiness; smooth, graceful finish. This is from the makers of the acclaimed Lynch-Bages of Pauillac, yet is being given away locally at $8.99! Only bought three bottles; going back this morning to clean 'em out (hoping the three weren't orphans).

- Drew - 02-01-2001

Hotwine, we also have it here in the land of the SUPERBOWL CHAMPS!. I'll pick some up today and post notes also...thanks for the heads up. They're asking $8.99 here also.

Drew

- Scoop - 02-01-2001

That's a nice bottle Hotwine, and I bought it for $6.99 (although it may have been the 1999 vintage)!

A very solid bargain.

Cheers,

Scoop

- hotwine - 02-01-2001

Picked up the remaining seven bottles this morning. Glad it's available in Bird-land, Drew. And Scoop, if it's $6.99 there, I'd buy a bunch and lay it down for a year or two. Just don't see how that stuff can be made, shipped from France and peddled at retail for less than 10 bucks! Guess it's just one of those bargains we should be grateful for, and not question too much.

- hotwine - 02-05-2001

Decided to have this again tonight with veggie lasagna. She walked in on me in the home office while I was sipping this, as she was preparing to go to a women's group meeting: "WHAT?! YOU'RE HAVING THIS WITHOUT ME?? HOW COULD YOU?!" I'll probably get more cold shoulder & hot tongue when she returns.... We both like this stuff.

- Drew - 02-06-2001

I don't have to worry bout that, Hot...my wife won't drink the whites except the bubbly. And, so far, she won't even try the dessert wines. [img]http://www.wines.com/ubb2/wink.gif[/img]

Drew

- hotwine - 02-06-2001

Guess that just means there's more of the world's wine supply with your name on it, instead of hers.
BTW, all was forgiven for me drinking the SW without my wife when she returned; but then she's expecting half of that bottle to still be there for her to enjoy - and it ain't!

- hotwine - 02-06-2001

Opened aother one tonight and served with grilled chicken breasts & brocolli. Very nice indeed. This one is en route to supplanting MSR Riesling as our "house white".

- Drew - 03-14-2001

Cracked one open tonight,very nice but I'm finding I'm from WW's loins....I just don't like whites! I had a glass and then opened a pinot noir with the chicken, much better.I will keep some for my "sissy white" loven friends.

Drew

- hotwine - 03-14-2001

Shucks, Drew. Here I thought you'd been enjoyin' this for a while now. You're not hurtin' my feelin's for not likin' it; You're just leavin' more for me to enjoy!

I made the mistake of telling my retailer how much we enjoyed it, and the jerk added two bucks to the price!

- Drew - 03-14-2001

Gil, don't misunderstand me, I do like it. The problem is I like reds MUCH more and there lies the problem. You were right on with the description of the wine and I'll stock up for future meals.

Drew

- barnesy - 04-05-2001

I wish to add my praise to this one. Great bottle for 9 bucks. It will definetly become a regular in my collections (assuming I can find it). Had to order the bottle I had from Popswine.

Honeyed melon on the nose and palate. Solid gold color.

Delicious

Barnesy

- winecollector - 04-06-2001

Okay guys, I love a good Sauvignon Blanc. You've convinced me to look for this one. Any wine posting that receives this high of praise, and survives on here for over 2 months, is worth looking into. It's on my next shopping list.

- Innkeeper - 04-06-2001

Got a couple resting up from their trip in the basement myself.

- winoweenie - 04-06-2001

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!ww

- winecollector - 04-07-2001

Gee winoweenie.... What happens to bring you to the sissy white postings?

- winoweenie - 04-07-2001

Idle hands, idle minds, yakkityyakkityyakkity, and so on. WW

- Innkeeper - 04-17-2001

Popped the first one with simply broasted chicken breast and salad last night. All the above is true. Thought it was very good. Mrs IK loved it! Guess it's in the running for our summer quaffer. Need to settle on something (nice & cheap) soon, because we are having a reunion of my high school crowd here at the end of July. Paid $8.40 plus S&H from Pops.

- Thomas - 04-17-2001

this here wine's a winna an' dat's the trut--downd a case uvit over da weak end, an' its a sw to boot.
winoweenie

- Drew - 04-17-2001

Cain't fool us....WW wouldn't speak in that accent!

Drew